About

Thursday 5 September 2013

Letting Go Quotes


Stop trying to hold onto your past, you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.

The people that are so quick to walk away are the ones that never intended to stay.

Sometimes, when people decide to leave you for good, you have to let them. No matter how much you don't want them to. There are some things that are far beyond our control. Even if you have the strength to fight for them, you have to accept the cold harsh truth - the people that you can't live without, can live without you.

Theres no sense in leading a person on if you already know it isnt going to work out.

I thought I deserved you, but now I realized, I don't...I deserve more than you'll ever be able to provide.

You can't start the next chapter in your life if you keep re-reading the last one.

Letting go doesn't mean that you don't care about someone anymore. It's just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.

I still have feelings for you. And no matter how many times I tell myself that I'm better off without you, a part of me just won't let go.

My simplest advice to everyone out there; If hurts, let go. Life is way too short to waste any time at all. Youre only young for so long, and every moment you spend dwelling on the things that only cause you to hurt, is precious time wasted where you could have been out adventuring around, making more memories to look back on. Nobody wants to remember the nights they sat around crying. They look back at the adventures they had while they were young. The good nights, days, whatever. And when you find someone where it feels like the first time every time, dont let that go. Dont give up without a fight. To hell with anybody who makes you feel like youre ordinary. Dont waste your time. And Im not kidding, when you find this person, hold tight and do not ever let them go. It rarely happens. And youll know it, because its when you feel most alive. Its a pretty shitty world, no jokes. But you can be happy if you want to be.