About

Thursday 5 September 2013

Letting Go Quotes


It's time for me to let you go, I held on for so long but for what? You cheated, lied, played games, broke promises, and most of all you destroyed me. You tried to come back when things were going bad between you two, but not this time. You know, you were my love, my life, my everything, I guess that wasn't enough. Now you realize what you once had, as well know you'll never get it back. I tried to be friends with you after everything we been through, but that wasn't enough either. I put myself through pain and misery just to have you apart of my life, in return I got nothing. You'll always have a place in my heart but just know you can't ever have all of it. You lost something good and I'll gain someone better. I was once here for you but now I'm done. Now its time for me to say goodbye and I wish the best for you and pray things get better in the future.

Today is a new day. Hiding from your history only shackles you to it. We can't undo a single thing we have ever done, but we can make decisions today that propel us to the life we want and towards the healing we need.

Don't expect to find the right person if you aren't willing to let the wrong one go.

I didn't change, I just grew up. I learned what's best for me and if that means I have to lose a couple people to get to where I need to be, then I'm actually okay with that.

When you finally let go of the past something better comes along.

I thought watching you leave was hard, but knowing you weren't coming back was harder.

Its a choice. You just have to decide that I'm not going to put my energy there. I'm going to decide to let this go. It's your choice. You can embrace it, you can become a prisoner of bitterness and resentment anger and victim city, or you can just say 'I'm going to live my life and be happy'.

Consider me a memory, consider me the past. Consider me a smile in an old photograph, someone who used to make you laugh...

Sometimes you're not afraid of letting go, you're just afraid of accepting the fact that its gone.

I don't chase after anyone anymore. If you wanna walk out of my life I'll hold the fucking door open.